The NADA Protocol is used to help with
Addictions & Mental Health
Disaster & Emotional Trauma
What is the NADA Protocol?
NADA, from Spanish, nothing
no-drugs, no barriers
An ear acupuncture protocol for recovery
A not-for-profit training and advocacy organization
The NADA Protocol is a non-verbal approach to healing.
NADA involves the gentle placement of up to five small, sterilized disposable needles into specific sites on each ear.
The recipients sit quietly in a group setting for 30-45 minutes allowing the treatment to take effect.
NADA ear acupuncture is an adjunct therapy which is clinically effective, cost-efficient, drug-free and compatible cross-culturally.
It can easily be established within behavioral health, addictions or disaster relief settings or in any location that a group of people can sit together.
The combined application of acupuncture with counseling, education, medical support and self-help groups such as AA and NA enhances opportunities for success.
Benefits of NADA
- Reduced cravings for alcohol and drugs, including nicotine
- Minimized withdrawal symptoms
- Increased calmness, better sleep, and less agitation
- Relief from stress and emotional trauma
- An easier connection with counseling
- A discovery of inner quiet and strength