submit your training event
become a trainer
Become an ADS Trainer
NADA grows because of its trainers – they are the foundation of this organization.
Join us in growing NADA.
To be eligible to apply, you must have:
- two years of current membership with NADA as an Acudetox Specialist
- two years of experience in addiction, trauma, or behavioral health treatment
- currently active role in providing and/or promoting acudetox services
- (recommended) reside in a state that allows non-acupuncturists as providers. Decisions about granting of Registered Trainer status can also be determined by the evidence for the need for training capability in a given locale
Responsibilities of a Trainer
- Adhere to the NADA Code of Ethics;
- Maintain current ADS membership and additionally a trainer membership which is equivalent in monetary value to the ADS membership and shares the same renewal schedule;
- Comply with the continuing education requirement of 7.5 CEUs annually;
- Purchase malpractice insurance (strongly recommended);
- Provide trainings only when membership status is active;
- Attend national trainer meetings at the annual conference (minimum 1 every 3 years);
- Engage in a reinstatement process if trainer membership lapses more than 3 months.
- Nomination letter from your original trainer, a current NADA Registered Trainer, or a NADA board member
- Current resume
- Photocopy of NADA Certificate of Training Completion
- Brief letter of intent describing your experience with acudetox including dates and types of programs in which you have provided acudetox (minimum of 2 years immediately prior to applying); why you want to become a Registered Trainer; how you have promoted, supported, and advocated NADA’s mission and philosophies; and what is the need for training and acudetox services in your region
- Nomination letter from either applicant’s original trainer or a current NADA trainer familiar with applicant’s work providing acudetox services
- Check or money order for $200 (U.S. funds only) payable to NADA
- Insurance declaration page or waiver as indicated in the application
- Contact the NADA office to request an application.
- Submit application with application fee to the NADA office along with a nomination letter.
- Application review process takes approximately 4-6 weeks. If approved, you will be paired with a trainer and begin a mentorship process.
- After co-facilitating one or more trainings with your mentor, and upon recommendation by your mentor, you will be approved to become a NADA Registered Trainer.
- If denied, your application will be returned to you with a check for $150, less $50 for a processing fee.