Become an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist
Become an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist – ADS
Earn a certificate of training nationally recognized in the United States and Canada that connects you to an international community of NADA providers.
NADA trainers lead workshops and training sessions on the use of acupuncture in the field of mental health, addictions, recovery and as part of disaster relief efforts.
Trainings are provided through public and private agencies, acupuncture schools, and individual practitioners.
State, provincial, tribal and regional laws and regulations vary when it comes to non-acupuncturists practicing acudetox. NADA is working on public health initiatives to expand access to NADA training and practice for allied health workers.
Who Can be Trained to be an ADS?
Members of the following professions have been trained as acudetox specialists in localities that approve them as providers:
- Addictions & harm reduction counselors
- Mental health therapists & social workers
- Correctional officers & drug court personnel
- Disaster relief teams and trauma support center staff
- First responders, health promoters, nurses, and EMTs
- Acupuncturists, medical doctors
Check your State and Provincial Laws for more info