Become an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist
Become an Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist – ADS
Earn a certificate of training nationally recognized in the United States and Canada that connects you to an international community of NADA providers.
NADA trainers lead workshops and training sessions on the use of acupuncture in the field of mental health, addictions, recovery and as part of disaster relief efforts.
Trainings are provided through public and private agencies, acupuncture schools, and individual practitioners.
State, provincial, tribal and regional laws and regulations vary when it comes to non-acupuncturists practicing acudetox. NADA is working on public health initiatives to expand access to NADA training and practice for allied health workers.
Notice to Those Inquiring About ADS Training
Thank you for visiting the NADA website, and thank you for your interest in the Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist training.
In order for your experience to be a positive one please note the following:
- All Registered Trainers in good standing with the NADA organization can be found in the Registered Trainers List on this website.
- ONLY those listed on the website are eligible to provide our training. If the person offering a training is not listed please contact the NADA office. You will be assisted to find a NADA approved RT near you.
- All official NADA approved training are posted on this website, both public and closed/ agency trainings.
- If you enroll in a training that is nposted here, and you do not enroll on this site in our digital membership and payment system You will not receive a NADA certificate of completion You will not be registered in the NADA data base. You will not receive an official NADA-ADS number You will not be eligible to pursue NADA Registered Trainer status as the training you received was not approved/ sanctioned by the NADA
Please feel free to contact the NADA office or the Training Chair through the NADA office if you have any questions or concerns.
There will be no exceptions to this protocol .
Thank you. The NADA Board and Training Chair 3/23
Who Can be Trained to be an ADS?
Members of the following professions have been trained as acudetox specialists in localities that approve them as providers:
- Addictions & harm reduction counselors
- Mental health therapists & social workers
- Correctional officers & drug court personnel
- Disaster relief teams and trauma support center staff
- First responders, health promoters, nurses, and EMTs
- Acupuncturists, medical doctors
Check your State and Provincial Laws for more info
Upcoming ADS Training
Please check with each trainer about the status of a listed training.
Oct 2, 2023-Oct 6, 2023
Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center Acudetox Foundations
Oct 6, 2023-Oct 8, 2023
Rutland Vermont Acudetox Training with Angela Easterling
Oct 16, 2023-Oct 18, 2023
Miami VA- Training with Angela Easterling-CLOSED TRAINING
List of Registered Trainers
Anita Dungo-Uldrich (Apprentice)
|Barbara Weaner (apprentice)||WV|
|Dolores Ann Jimerson||OR|
|Evan Sheppard Reiff||CA|
|Lori Slaunwhite||Nova Scotia|
|Sharon Rojas Jennings||MD|
|Veronique Le Goaix||Ottowa|